Sunday, May 9, 2010

Static and Dynamic Technologies

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bw6PSvr5BsgQZTk4NWU5NWItOTdjMi00Yjk2LWIzZTYtMmFiMzI4MTY1ZWU2&hl=en


As an online student I feel that I am more on the dynamic side of the continuum. Through both of my courses this quarter I feel very confident in the amount of collaboration and communication I have done with my fellow students through either a wiki, blog, and discussion boards. In both of my courses I have been given a topic to work on from the instructor, but the content that I have to provide comes from my own knowledge and research. In the area of content I am actually quite surprised with what I have learned in the area of creating projects to provide and learn new information. The multimedia project that is due shortly has been quite a challenge in many ways, but I am learning new ways to present information. Along the way I have gathered information for my topic of mobile learning.
Where I feel that I am more on the dynamic side as a learner I don't feel as an educator I'm there for the way I am presenting information to my students. Some of the areas such as communication and collaboration are still restricted by my school district in how we use technology, but I need to work more on having them create more content so that they can learn more about the objectives that I am presenting to them.

1 comment:

  1. The restriction you express seems all too prevalent. I like your solution to that problem being to use restricted tools with content creatively so as to build awareness about what you are presenting. Very subtle, but proactive.
    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete